Wow, here I am ALONE in the quiet house. (Peter and KK are still asleep). I’m not sure how I feel about the solitude—usually, I’d relish it, but today I am feeling very melancholy and blue—the kids went back to school today and they’ve been gone for less than an hour and I really miss them. I don’t know what to do with myself. I’ve wandered around the house like a lost soul and tried to keep busy with the piles of laundry, but that isn’t working. They were all very excited to start school—probably more for their new pencils, crayons, notebooks, and outfits—than the actual school part!
We just had such a great summer together and it went WAY too fast. They are all such great kids—their teachers are SO lucky to get them in their classes. Well, hopefully Peter or KK will wake up soon, so that I can end my aimless wandering!
We had a great trip and I’ll update everyone on that soon.
We just had such a great summer together and it went WAY too fast. They are all such great kids—their teachers are SO lucky to get them in their classes. Well, hopefully Peter or KK will wake up soon, so that I can end my aimless wandering!
We had a great trip and I’ll update everyone on that soon.
4 comments:
That does look like a happy bunch of going-to-schoolers. I'm going through the same feelings now that all you kids and grandkids have gone back to your homes. I went to church yesterday thinking I had the greatest family in the whole world; but after testimony meeting realized that every other family feels that way, too. Pretty cool! Glad you are all back home safe and sound.
What a cute bunch of kids! They are great, and I can see why you would miss them so much. You are funny....wandering aimlessly around the house!
I am loving Eliza's shirt.
ALL of my kids are going to start school next week. I haven't thought about how lonely I may feel.
If I were as fertile as you guys I may not have to worry about it.
I hope you enjoyed the lonliness while it lasted. I am sure that as soon as Peter is grown out of napping, you will wish you had some quiet time back :)
I love the joy that you find in motherhood. Your kids ARE amazing.
Post a Comment