I've got two great little helpers.
From the church web-site:
"For longer-term needs, and where permitted, gradually build a supply of food that will last a long time and that you can use to stay alive, such as wheat, white rice, and beans."
"While there is a decline in nutritional quality and taste over time, depending on the original quality of food and how it was processed, packaged, and stored, the studies show that even after being stored long-term, the food will help sustain life in an emergency."
I have never liked the "stay alive" and "help sustain life in an emergency" part. I guess it if far better than the alternative though. I have been the ward food storage person for the past several years and have tried to help people get food in their homes. I was just released from this calling and do feel relieved in some ways, but am already making a list of things I need to stock up on again for our own family. What a wonderful thing to be able to feed my kids when they say they are hungry--even if it is cold cereal or "mac". I feel very blessed to have full cupboards, food under beds, in closets, and a full tummy everyday.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
4 comments:
Much to be thankful for. Wish we could give you hugs in person for Thanksgiving, but know that you are loved and that we are very grateful that you are part of our family. You do have some pretty cute little helpers!
Great post for Thanksgiving! There is nothing more comforting than being able to feed your kids. I love you guys and hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
I didn't know that was your calling--no wonder you are so good at it! Cute little helpers you have.
Amen to that. Good idea to store rice and beans together:) Peter and KK are so adorable. Can't wait to hear about your latest Thanksgiving adventures!
Post a Comment