
Ahh--the big kids are back in school--they went back on Wednesday. It is sure more calm around here. I've been playing with the little kids--they always want to do an "activity"--they are going through withdrawal symptoms of not having everyone around all day for endless entertainment. So, we got out "The Village". I made this several years ago--it was designed after one that my Grandma had made for us when we (myself and siblings) were young. It seems like we were always playing with it. I loved the Zoo and the Lumber Co. It also had homes of our Grandparents, the church, school, airport, and post office. I'm sure my siblings can picture the fabrics, layout and remember their coveted dwelling spot. We spent hours playing on it and driving cars and living our little village life. I think my Mom later added the roads and stop signs. It was like magic--so I had to make one for my kids. (I think I have more fun playing on it than they do). Peter and KK had fun for a few hours going to "visit Grandma", to the BYU game, to the temple, and to Fountain Green. It was sheer bliss until they had a brawl over the orange 4-wheeler! It is a good thing we have cameras to capture the moments we want to remember.
6 comments:
Glad to hear your kids are back in school! Hopefully life can get 'back to normal'.
Ah, Marilyn, what some fun memories you brought back. That "village" did get a workout. The one you made is amazing. That was a neat tradition that Grandma Mary Cannon started with you kids. I wonder if the other Cannon cousins remember theirs???? KK is getting some long hair!
We had one of those! It was so much fun. I should make one...thanks for the idea!
Ohhhhhhhh.....the village. I have a deep, deep love for that old treasure. I can't even pick a favorite spot....I loved pumping gas (ehtyl), parking in the garages, Chris was always "big Al" (an aqua colored mustang convertible) and ran "Big Al's Restaurant" (which I think had a UP on it and wasn't really a restaurant). Great memories. I want to make one for my kids. How did you do it?
Thanks for making one for our family to carry on the tradition.
Love it! We have a "village" at our house too! Em made if for my kids about 8 years ago. It still gets tons of use with hot wheels and polly pockets!
Post a Comment