Monday, August 16, 2010

Baby Blues


No, I am not suffering from a post-partum breakdown—today was Peter’s first official day of Kindergarten. (I went one day with him last week and then he starts “full-time” next week.) You’d think it would get easier, but it has been hard to send Peter off “to seek his fortune”—I guess we’re not quite to that point yet, but I feel like this is the first step. He stills feels like one of my babies. It has been a L-O-N-G morning. I think I looked at the clock 5 times before KK and William were awake to fill the silent void. I will miss Peter. He will thrive and do well—Parker and Michael have tutored him on all of the vital do’s and don’t’s of a successful academic career. They are a little worried about him. You see we have spoiled Peter and he is quite high maintenance. He demands a few rights of his own with his feisty attitude, which I guess is a personality that he needs to go with his little size 3T body. (I think his hand-me-down BYU tote bag weighed more than him—Grace helped him out and was excited to take care of him!) Anyway, it has been quite the morning. He gladly got up and dressed in his new clothes—thanks to a great $2.99 sale at The Children’s Place we got him outfitted for a few days for under $20. Hopefully, the new clothes will be enough incentive to get him out of bed for a while. I got a few pictures of the kids this morning as they hopped on the bus. (I’m sure that they bus driver got a kick out of me in my red polka-dot pjs and turquoise crocs!) I was fun to see them together. I asked Peter if he was excited to ride the bus. Of course he was and with a big smile he said,

“I am going to sit by Michael because he will protect me!”


I am so glad that my kids can go to school together and take care of each other.

3 comments:

Steve and Denise said...

I hope Peter does have a great time in school. It never gets easy to send them off into the big bad world--He does have some great siblings to take care of him. We just sent Daniel off today too. :(

Circe said...

That Peter has a lot of personality in that little body! What a great kid! Good luck to Peter and all of you this school year. At least kindergarten is only half day. I always dread it, but always end up loving it.

Arlene said...

I was just about to send you an e-mail asking for an update on the newest school kid--and the others as well. Your family is darling and I love watching them make progress. An exciting time of life for all of you. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at your place every so often--so I could fly off any time I felt the need! I miss all of you.