Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ready or Not, Here I Come



Well, we are down to the wire. It has been a LONG 9 months and I go in tomorrow morning to be induced, I think that I am ready, but I am nervous. We will welcome a new little DeBry boy into the world. We still haven't settled on a name, but have a good list. Someone suggested letting the kids name him. (If we did that in the past we'd have a Gingerbread Boy, Winnie-the-Pooh, and SpongeBob!) They get some input, but in reality I have the power. The kids are all pretty excited. Peter woke up yesterday morning and said, "I CAN wait! Only two more days!" They have been sweet and helpful. I can't hardly bend over or do much. I asked Peter to pick some towels up off the floor for me--he willing did it--he used his feet to pick them up--just like he has seen me do for the last few months. It was pretty funny.



The other day I swept the kitchen floor. It hurts to bend over, so I just left the pile in the corner. About an hour later, I came into the kitchen and William had the dust pan and small broom and was sweeping it up--he even got it mostly in the dust pan and into the trash. I started crying--yes, I am at that point! Another story about William. I was laying on the couch and he had a play stethoscope, he came and put it on my belly and "talked" to the baby--he said, "Hi, how are you doing? I love you--Bye". It will be fun to see him grow up within days and have a new brother to take care of.





We've had everything pretty much ready--thanks to my friend April for all of her babies clothes and car seat and maternity clothes. I had gotten rid of everything. The only thing we really needed was a place for the baby to sleep. I looked on Craigslist for something and never could find anything. We did go buy a bassinet so that the baby would not end up in a closet. It is set up in Parker's room and he asked where I got it--I told him that I bought it at Wal-Mart--he was so shocked that I had actually paid for something. It was worth it just for his reaction! It's funny how the preparation for the first one differs from the 8th one. With Eliza I had a nursery "theme", had made blankets, had purchased a new stroller with car-seat that hooked into it (after much research, had clothes folded and ready to go, and had a stocked diaper-bag. This one gets ALL hand-me downs, corner in a room, and I just remembered I need to wash the car seat cover--and I don't even have a diaper bag--I just hope there is something in the van that we can use--diapers or otherwise (kitchen towel, sock, etc.). If I get really desperate, I go find a "new Mom" who has it all together!


One thing is that there are a lot more people waiting to love and take care of this one! We are excited for our new adventure and can't wait to meet him. We are READY and are anxious for the big day tomorrow!

4 comments:

Circe said...

I love all the updates. Your kids are so cute. Good luck with tomorrow. I don't know why you're nervous! You're going to feel so much better not being pregnant, and you'll have a new baby to love! Best of both worlds. We are all waiting anxiously for news, pictures and the name! I heard Peter was the top name for CEO's, but you already have one of those! :)

If anyone can handle 8 kids with aplomb, it's you and David! We love you!

The homestead said...

we'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You'll do great! Can't wait to see pictures. Tell David congratulations on his release. How exciting to be starting a new chapter in your life.

Arlene said...

Well, your blog made me cry AGAIN--just like I did yesterday after talking to you. It doesn't take much to put a mother into that state. And thinking about you and being so far away is HARD! I miss you (and the whole family) so much. So glad I have a Tennessee trip planned soon.
P.S. I still occasionally pick stuff up with my toes!

Debbie said...

Love the stories about your kids helping out. They are so much fun! Also love that Parker was so shocked to hear you actually bought something for the baby at the store. HAhaha! Love you guys!