I guess it is time for my quarterly up-date. We had an eventful spring with visits from my sister Debbie and her three little kids. That was a blast. We just let the kids play in the perfect weather, chase chickens around the yard, took them to a few different parks (and got asked if we ran a daycare!!), and just let the kids enjoy each other. They were also here for Easter, so we had a fun egg hunt and various activities--mostly thanks to Emily! Debbie and I had a great chance to sit and visit. One of the highlights was David getting lots of leftovers from classes that he was teaching. We ate good that week--I only cooked a few simple meals the whole time. It was nice. Debbie was here just two weeks before Clark was born. He made his debut on May 2, 2011. Rita came out for a week to help out. She is fun a lot of fun to have around. With Emily just up the street we had some great times. Then my Mom and Dad came later in May. We mostly just relaxed and ate--I'm sure we must have done something more exciting, but I can't remember that far back.
The rest of the summer seems like a blur--Girls' Camp, Scout Camp, Youth Conference, EFY, movies, swimming, Faith in God, merit badges, a few outings, lots of sweating, and few good cries everyday, and great friends and family. We rounded the summer out with a road trip--5000 miles, 3 weeks, and lots of great memories.
The kids are full-swing back to school. They have survived the first week and all seem to be doing well. It does feel good to be back on somewhat of a schedule. We are all happy and well and hope that you are the same.
4 comments:
Glad you're doing well after we gave you the stomach flu- sorry about that! Love the picture of Clark.
I love the picture of Clark too. I LOVED my trip out there to see you guys. So many good memories. And of course lots of great new memories from Cooke City and Shelley. Love you guys! Thanks for the update!
That is a darling picture of Clark and the beautiful pillow. Best wishes to the school kids.
grace took a great pic!
Post a Comment