I love the start of a new year. The world has just basked in the spirit that is poured out for the Christmas season and there is a feeling to improve and do better. There is a hope and a renewed dedication to focus on what "really matters"--of course, that is different for everyone. I am a goals person and like to write things down and make a plan. (I've always got great ideas--but I'm not so good on the follow through part). We've made some plans as a family and we will slowly and surely improve ourselves and do better. I love to look back on a year and realize that even though living day to day it seems like we don't do much--it really does add up over a year and we are learning and growing.
Each day brings new challenges and blessings. This morning the "challenges" started early. At 7am--I had three children crying and two others asking for something. That is just too early for it to start! It didn't last too long though and now they are content for the time being.
This is from President Monson:
Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, “I’ll try again tomorrow.”
http://www.lds.org/liahona/2012/01/living-the-abundant-life?lang=eng
4 comments:
hang in there. We love you guys.
Marilyn, happy belated birthday. I love the updated pictures. I can't believe how big Clark is getting! We love you guys!
Loved the new photos of everyone! You have the cutest kids in the whole world (along with all the other DeBry grandchildren)! What a wonderful family - keep up the good work! It's all worth it! I know! Love you all! Rita
Loooove your birthday tulips, they are absolutely beautiful! I also enjoy your words of wisdom--thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment