I have put myself on bed rest! These last few weeks have been so exhausting and painful. I just lay around all day and watch movies, or sit at the computer--basically, William, Clark, and I have become major COUCH POTATOES.
We've certainly racked up the Netflix hours. Here are some of my opinions on different shows.
Veggie Tales--really enjoy the witty plots and clever, fun songs. FIVE stars!
Calliou--HALF a STAR. I can hardly stand to watch this one. The sappy voices and story lines are just too much for me. AND the music is annoying.
Authur--I've always liked Arthur--the books, artwork, and videos are great. FOUR stars!
Little Bear--this is OK. Cute animals. THREE stars.
My Little Pony--for some reason William really likes these. Kind of annoying, but OK since they keep him quiet while I blog! THREE stars.
Monk--this is a great TV series about an OCD detective that works for the police department in San Fran. Some great characters. Unfortunately, we can't seem to find this anymore. It just seemed is disappear from Netflix--does anyone know why? This is also the series where William has picked up swearing--so maybe that's why it has mysteriously vanished. I think we need to invest in something that blocks language! FOUR STARS.
America--The Story of Us--this is on the History Channel and has been incredible. It starts with the the early settlers of Jamestown and the Pilgrims and moves through the Revolutionary, Civil and World Wars. It is amazing to see how transportation has really changed our lives. I have really enjoyed watching these. FIVE STARS--I am almost through with this series and wish that there were more!
Call the Midwife--nurses in England in the 40's?? that deliver babies--mostly in sad conditions. This was TOO much for me in my current state. I could only watch one of these and that was enough.
What are some of your recommendations for movies, TV shows, and also books. I want to get several books down-loaded on David's kindle to take to the hospital--What are some of your suggestions?
I take this couch potato stuff seriously and would LOVE recommendations. We also have BYUtv--have you watched any good forums or devotionals? I mean they are all "good" but any that really stand out?
Thanks for helping me out!
3 comments:
I don't have any recommendations for you, darnit! I just finished "Girl in Translation," and couldn't put it down. So that, I would recommend, but only if you're in the mood. Some of my past favorites are" Mao's Last Dancer, Colors of the Mountains and Pope Joan. I'm also reading The Janitors series, if you want something on a 5th grade boy level. Freestone loves them. It's a Utah author, Tyler Whitesides. When is that baby due? I can't wait!!!
I love watching Shark Tank, but I don't think your kids would think it was that great. It's free on Hulu. Keep going! You're so close!
I love that you put yourself on bedrest! Glad you made it through! I love your recommendations and ratings. Don't know if you have any time now, but here's a few of my fav's: Curious George (the movie and episodes) keeps both me and Cole entertained; Mighty Machines: all about big equipment, Cole LOVES this; I really liked the series Heartland, it's about a girl who's a "horse whisperer" of sorts; and a good BYU devotional by Brad Wilcox is called "His Grace is Sufficient."
Hope you're feeling better and enjoying little baby Owen. Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment