Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm Back!


It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, and yes, I feel guilty! I love to keep in touch with everyone and I am always disappointed when I check your blogs and there is no recent news. Well, it’s been TOO long from my end. The dial-up does make it a pain and that is my weak excuse for not being more diligent.
I talked to Debbie the other day on the phone and discussed the dilemma of trying to catch up or just take off from where I am. Well, I am going to give a quick “re-cap” of the last several weeks. After a fun visit from Grandma and Grandpa Cannon, we’ve been really enjoying some great weather and fun adventures which include in random, out-of-date order:
Peter’s broken collar bone, Parker’s horrible black eye—chasing Peter in a blanket he fell on the corner of a table, Spring break with lots of hikes (Roan Mountain, Bays Mountain), outings, and park days, and even a late snowfall, a trip to the temple in Columbia, SC—a success in our 12-passenger van (kids eat FREE at Denny’s on the way home), trip to the Knoxville cannery for 2500 lbs. of food (I am the ward food storage person and drove down to pick up orders)—the big van is sure coming in handy! The garden is planted, fruit trees pruned, lawn cut for the first time this year. Flower beds mostly weeded, gathered sticks from yard, had a fire in the fire-pit and Dad cooked over the fire—entertaining us with his “too close to the fire” dances, FHE dinner "cave-man" style (no plates or silverware--just ate meat cooked over the fire with our hands--No one wanted to go in and get the plates, etc.--it turned out really fun), Eliza turning 12—very excited about YW, she is fun—the other night she drew mustaches on everyone for April Fool’s Day—she put crazy hats on everyone and they all woke up laughing. She even did it to herself, so that they would not feel bad, a “1”—that is the best at the band festival. A trip to Greeneville—to visit home of President Andrew Johnson, very informative and uplifting. Also, visit to gravesite of AJ. Probably, over 100 loads of laundry, and that many decent meals, and several barely palatable ones. Another trip to Knoxville for water storage barrels, fun evenings of Blockus (really fun game), some piano practicing with bribes, their piano teacher (me) is pretty lame, we are trying to be more consistent, lots of dyed Easter eggs and fingers as well, eating lots of deviled eggs with colorful stains, and finally a good measure of crying, and lots of snuggling. We’ve sure had fun!
No wonder I haven’t posted anything in a while! Hope that you are all doing well. Happy Spring.

9 comments:

Lorie said...

What's up with the broken collar bone? Is he in a cast? Sounds pretty crazy at the Debry house... you have so much energy, Mar.

Natalie Daines said...

Marilyn, I'm one of your secret fans. I love your blog! Glad you're back.

Steve and Denise said...

It was great hearing an update. It sounds like you have had all kinds of adventures. Hope the injured are doing better.

Debbie said...

Great update Mar! I'm glad you decided to do a quick recap, but I am exhausted just reading about it! I can't believe your garden is already planted! That's exciting. It was great to talk to you the other day.

Circe said...

So glad you're back, and thanks for your comment. I love all the recent activities. With 6 kids, all of that could have happened in one day!

Arlene said...

Your report made me smile and sigh with amazement at all the fun and challenging on-going activities with your family. It also makes me glad that I'm at the stage of life I am now. I still have plenty to do, but not many things so compelling that I can't put them off 'til tomorrow. How lucky is that! Wish I was closer to get in on more of your ACTION.

Marilyn said...

It's glad to know you all didn't give up on me! So, Natalie, what a fun surprise! What are you up to? Do any of you Taylor's have blogs?

Natalie Daines said...

Marilyn, I'm still working on my siblings to start blogging...and trying to keep updated on my own. Feel free to browse! bonecutterandcompany.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

WOW Marilyn...You sure are quite the Bishop's wife...it sounds like you got every last bit of your Provident Living done. I am so impressed!

I am also very BEHIND!! But, that's o.k. The "trying" is what matters, right?

I can't believe that Eliza is 12! How awesome to have a built in babysitter.