Grace turned 6 last week. We had a fun party. Usually, we just invite over a family and have dinner and a cake—nothing big, but this turned into a full-blown party! I just started calling a of Grace’s friends, mostly left messages or didn’t get too many definite “YES” answers. So, I called a few more, thinking that we might not get too good of a response. We invited the families of her friends to come for a BBQ—we ended up with quite the get-together. We ate and swam and just talked and relaxed. She made a haul. One of my friends that came was somewhat surprised at our big party, because she knows that we don’t usually do this—it was fun, but now my other kids are making plans for their parties! I guess this will be the year of the parties.
We sure love Grace—she is the BEST worker and will even stay up late to help me clean and do projects. She is great with Katherine and makes friends quickly—even with adults. We’re glad to have her in the family.
2 comments:
She is such a cute girl. I can't believe how big and grown up she looks. I would have LOVED to have been at her big party! Happy Birthday Grace!!!
Nobody better than you and David & the kids at throwing BIG parties! We always love being around when one happens. I can picture it in my mind--wish I had been there, too.
Post a Comment