Well, Katherine got shafted on her birthday this year. (Good thing she will have no recollection of it). We were still recovering from being sick and we were all worn out—so we just decided to do something the next day. I got her a few things—a shirt, a sippy cup, a box of cereal (that the kids have already eaten), some little juices and some finger foods. It was pretty simple. I had some treats hidden away so that we could put a candle in a brownie and sing to her. Well, the kids found the treats and I was ticked. Her birthday party was pretty much a flop. I felt so bad. It made me think how often we do things that we think are for our kids, but are really more for us—or to get some really cute pictures and a good “blog write-up”. She didn’t care that there was no birthday cake, but I did. I eventually got over it. KK was as happy as could be and smiled whenever we called her “Birthday Girl!” She is a super sweet little girl and loves to show off her new walking skills. She sure gets spoiled with lots of love and is thrilled when a new face walks in from school or Dad gets home from work. We’re blessed to have her as our baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment