Monday, September 29, 2008

A Million Dollars

What would you do with a million dollars? I was at the school today for a parent/teacher conference with Grace's teacher and came across a hall full of dreams. Michael's class had written essays on what they would do if they had a million dollars. It is always fun to dream, and to dream big. I was laughing in the hall as I read his big dreams. It was funny to see the progression of very practical to letting loose. I guess our (me and David) discussions about saving and getting our of debt have rubbed off a little.

"If I Had a Million" by Michael DeBry age 8

First, I will put some in the bank. Then I will pay off our house. Then I'll go to the store to buy toys, games, and movies. Then I'll take my family to the movies. Then I'll get a maid. Then I'll get a hot tub that only I can get in. Last I'll buy a jet with 2 levels. It will have a couch and 8 beds. It would be fun to make a million.

5 comments:

Circe said...

That is so funny! At least he's planning on paying off the house before he buys the jet!

The homestead said...

I hope Michael makes a million.

Lorie said...

Did his parents teach him anything about TITHING?? ha, ha.

Unknown said...

O.k.....his teacher is probably thinking....eight beds.....what significance does eight beds hold?

But, we all know....how sweet that he wanted a bed for every member of the family...he better make that ten because we all know you are having at least 2 more!!!

Jennie said...

What a fun blog! I'm glad I found you. Can I add you to my bloglist?