David here again. I am on a roll.
Our kids love to watch conference because of the conference activities that they get to do, and for all of the junk food. Over the years our kids always come up with something funny during the sessions, such as:
- Michael drawing a beard on a picture of a primary child, and then saying that the child had reached purity (puberty).
- One of the speakers referred to "Angry Mobs" but the kids thought he said "Angry Moms" (Freudian slip? I doubt it).
- Another speaker saying that marriage is a commandment, and Michael said, "Oh man, that means I have to get married!"
- I always seem to take a nap during one conference talk (usually a seventy), except this time. One time when I was asleep, Marilyn and the kids sewed me to the couch, tied my shoes together, and painted my fingernails pink. No respect.
- Kids throwing up during sessions, sometimes due to too much junk food? (it's funny now).
- Getting beaned by a flying Reeses peanut butter cup and it hurt really bad.
- Having to spend three hours helping the kids clean up the "reverence" forts that took the kids only about 30 minutes to set up. They sure can work fast when they want to.
We love conference and enjoy hearing from the leaders of the church. It is very uplifting.
7 comments:
Those are some great comments from the kids. Good thing you are writing them down. What your family did to you while asleep is classic--did they get a picture?
We were so proud of ourselves because the kids watched both Sunday sessions and Gordon and I were still feeling the spirit after the second session. A big improvement for us.
Ha Ha! Don't you love puke?
What is a "reverence fort?" Loved your observations and enjoyed your comments. I should have tried the junk food approach--next time. Keep up the blogging. It's always fun to get your side of the picture.
Man, I want to come to your house for Conference in April...what fun!
Even though we have a satellite dish, we went to one session of conference at the church. I thought it would be easier to stay awake and pay better there. It wasn't. I will always try to watch conference on TV but just give me the Ensign to read.
Ha ha! These are great. I especially got a kick out of #6!
Post a Comment