Saturday, September 6, 2008

Summer Vacation


We had a great trip and David posted several pictures last month. I have not been able to kick into gear and get much done aroud here. I love to go visit our families, but I am always super homesick when we get home. It's probably better if we don't even go in the first place!! We really do love it here and this is home for us now, but I just miss the Cannon and DeBry families. They are lots of fun. I remember one particular day when we were in Idaho--we rode horses, played in the canal, had a cook-out, rode 4-wheelers, played at the pond and just had fun together. I was soaking it all in and I commented to David that it had been such a fun day, and that I knew if we lived here it wouldn't really be like this everyday. Well, his comment back to me was, "Not everyday, but it would be every weekend!" The kids loved being with grandparents and cousins. It's fun to see them immediately feel close to them.


Some of the highlights of our trip:


Katherine: Eating suckers in the van and spending WAY too much time out of her carseat!

Peter: On the temple--guy (Angel Moroni) on top--way up there.

Grace: Painting ladybugs with Grandma Cannon.

Michael: Canoe Trip--Kayaking with cousin Ryan.

Parker: Eating at Big Judd's--the Hungry Heifer (15 scoops of ice cream)

Eliza: Playing with cousins.

David" Camping overnight trip in Montana and Canoe trip.

Marilyn: Being with everyone, staying up late talking, eating junk, being with everyone, riding horses, float trip, Nauvoo with Grandma Rita and Opa, etc.

3 comments:

Steve and Denise said...

It was great being with you this summer. We wished we would have had more time to hang out with you. The kids loved being with their cousins! And--they are still loving the pokemon games! :)

P.S. I will mail you the CD of the trip pictures this week--along with the Christmas exchange list.

Alice Faye said...

You make me want to have a family reunion with cousins. Unfortunately all they would want to do is eat and leave. Can I come with you next time?

Unknown said...

Being with the family is the best thing ever....I so miss my family too..and I am with you that it is only worse after you visit.

Love that top photo.