The other day Peter was chewing on his nails. I mean really going to town. I guess we named him appropriately! Anyway, I was trying to talk to him logically why it wasn’t good to bite your nails. (Who am I to talk though, I just kicked the habit a few years ago and I still occasionally get the urge!) Well, I am hoping to stop a bad habit before it forms—this was our conversation.
Mom: Peter, don’t chew on your finger nails. It hurts and they will bleed.
Peter: It not hurt. Chomp-chomp.
Mom: Why are you chewing on your finger-nails?
Peter: They’re good. Me hungry.
Mom: Well, finger-nails aren’t good to eat. You need something healthy. They don’t taste good.
Peter: Me like it, they taste good.
Mom: What do they taste like?
Peter: SUGAR!!
I really didn’t know what to say to that--so much for that teaching moment. I guess sugar coated finger-nails wouldn’t be such a bad breakfast. Maybe he can let the other kids in on his secret and then they can just have breakfast on the bus. Our mornings would run a lot smoother.
5 comments:
Wow, what a funny conversation! He does hail from a long line of nail chewers. I LOVE the picture of Eliza at the top of your blog!!! I had so much fun in Idaho with you guys, I feel the exact same way when I go back home.....Glad to see you posting again:)
I just read this post outloud to Randy...the conversation with little Peter is classic! We got a kick out of it! Nice facelift!
Peter Senior read your blog tonight and had a good laugh! Just don't let re-Peter get started on his toenails. Good to hear from you again.
Yum! Your blog looks great! I wish you guys could come out here a lot more often! IF we're ever in the neighborhood, we'll come visit YOU!
Maybe you can add some fruit flys with that.
Post a Comment