Friday, November 20, 2009

Garden of Weedin'







I know it has been WAY too long since an update. This is for my faithful reader--my Mom--I'm sure that no one else checks EVERYDAY! When it's been so long, I feel like I've got to come up with something spectacular to write about--the last few months has just been life. We had a very swine-infested October--everyone was sick at least once--except Grace. The kids have enjoyed some days off school to recover. We've done some yard clean-up, had fun Halloween adventures, and just lived life. Here are pics from our garden clean-up. I really enjoy gardening, but when it gets above 80 degrees I slack off! We had some huge tomato plants this year and even bigger weeds. One evening for FHE we cleaned everything out. Now I am filling the boxes with leaves and grass clippings--just lazy mans composting! It is still fairly warm--we've had a few freezes, but it warms up during the day. I love this time of year--it is a full season here in TN!


4 comments:

The homestead said...

It's so fun to see pictures of your life. We will miss you guys so much this Thanksgiving. Have fun in Palmyra.

Arlene said...

Great to hear about your gardening activities. I think you take after your Grandpa Pieper--the raised beds, leaf and lawn clippings to dig in next spring . . . He would be proud of you! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Love you.

The Dreamer said...

I check your site all the time M!!

Debbie said...

Nice garden! Sorry to hear you all got the swine flu:( How did Grace luck out?