Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Escape

I typed this into the computer the other day:
Google Search: What to do in Miami without kids

This was the response:
Did you mean: What to do in Miami with kids?
What is the deal--not even the computer takes me seriously!?

No, I did not mean with kids.
David is going to Miami for work--someone wants him to teach a class--and I am going with him. We will be gone for two nights and have a great time. I am taking books, a good pillow, and some sunscreen.

I have been getting the schedule all set-up for us leaving the kids--they are going to be shipped out to several different places. It is nice to have Emily and Darren here. I'm trying to get them spread out so that no one person gets overwhelmed. It makes me realize how much I do--even though on some days it feels like I get absolutedly nothing done--one step forward, two steps back! We've got some great friends and the kids will have as much fun as me and David.

Happy Trails!

PS. I even got a new haircut--a real one. The lady that cuts my hair is great. It has been a bout year since I was in--she never comments about the self and husband aided haircuts in bewteen her good ones. When I walked into the house, the kids liked it and thought that I looked like Aunt Chris! That was a sweet compliment.

4 comments:

The homestead said...

YOu can't go alone, you need to take at least one kid, otherwise you will get too bored! Have a great time.

Arlene said...

I'm excited for your get-away. It will probably go by way too fast! Have fun.

Circe said...

Wow! Miami without kids sounds heavenly, especially with a good book and a pillow! We've done Miami WITH kids and people acted like we were the circus. And that was when we only had four kids! People couldn't believe our GIANT family! :)
I'm so glad you're getting away. Have a great time! Once you're home, it will be like you never left! lol...

Debbie said...

Awesome Mar! Hope you guys had an amazing time, you SOOOOO deserve it. Yes, like mom said, I'm sure it went way too fast. And isn't it amazing how a good haircut can boost your self-esteem?