Thursday, September 23, 2010
House Guests
We usually love guests and visitors, but I am fed up. We've had several uninvited, and unwelcome visitors that have out-stayed their welcome. We've had ant invasions every spring this year they seem to be especially bad--they are still here. We also have these darn moths that came in a bag of birdseed which sat in our warm, cozy china cupboard that was used as their breeding grounds. I thought we got rid of them, but we found another motherload when we removed a cabinet in the kitchen. (We just built some shelves so that we have more storage space--it will be great). Hopefully, this will take care of them. The latest and biggest has been something living in our bedroom wall. It chews and scratches at night at the depths of REM sleep. It has been exhausting--even the ear plugs don't help. David gets up and gives the wall a few good thumps in the appropriate spot, silencing the little critter for a few hours. At night, when we're half asleep we talk about what it might be and imagine the worst. During the day, with a little more sense, we think it is a squirrel working on securing a good shelter and storing up some food for the long winter. Maybe he is "trying to tell us something"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was sooooooooooooooooo excited to see your blog this morning! Kids' pictures are great. I love Eliza's hair style. Keep blogging. I feel out of touch with you Tennesseeans.
Speaking of squirrels, I think those are the guilty culprits who have stripped my apple trees two years in a row! Those rascals.
I absolutely LOVE your header picture! It's beautiful! I can really see David in the way he's standing, and all of you are so perfect! I didn't even know you were an artist. Love the new blog. I'm glad you have high-speed internet. It's so great!
Post a Comment