Yes, it has been a while--but his recipe is worth waiting for. Emily made this for us a while back a recipe from her mother-in-law. It is excellent.
Apricot Chicken
4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup mayo
1 cup peach jam
1 package onion soup mix
Mix ingredients. Put is 9x13 pan with chicken. Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes at 350. Serve on rice.
Of course, I only had half of the ingredients and did it a bit different. I didn't have any peach jam--so I put some canned peaches in the blender with some sugar and made my own "jam". I didn't have any onion soup mix, so I used dried minced onions (some David had dried!), beef boullion, and some onion powder. I also had some chicken broth and put it all in the crock pot--it was more "saucy" than Emily's original recipe. Both tasted great. We had it over rice.
I asked the kids how they liked the Apricot Chicken--they all loved it, but they were confused because I used peaches--I'm don't get it either, but the taste is all that matters, right?
Also, we've had lots of rain--Eliza went and took some pictures in our back yard--usually this stream is just a few inches deep, but it is 6 feet deep now. It has gone down a lot. We're supposed to get another big storm this weekend. Hope we don't float away.
2 comments:
I love that chicken recipe also. It is so yummy.
I'm excited to try the recipe. That is funny--using peaches to make apricot chicken. Oh well. The water in your creek looks pretty wild. I guess you've had flooding before. Good luck.
Post a Comment