Monday, August 12, 2013

Heavy, Heavy Hangover

OK, the kids have started their second week of school and I finally feel like things are settling down somewhat.  I am pretty tired, but figured I could handle sitting at the computer and typing a bit of what we have been up to.

I wanted to start with the birthdays from 2013!
 I got spoiled big time--with love, attention, and lots of great presents--I love having birthdays--turning 42 isn't so bad when I get $42!!  We did our traditional heavy, heavy hangover with gifts wrapped in Wal-Mart bags.
 Michael with his donuts--I'm sure he got some fun presents, but all I got was photos of the treats!  He is such a kind, gentle person.  He is so good playing with the little kids.  He's a wonderful teenager--most of the time!  He is now 13.
 Eliza turned 17 and scored some great gifts from family near and far.  She's fun to buy for and is pretty easy to please.  She loves her pink pocket knife and uses it regularly.  She is very capable and fun to be with.
 William turned 4--he had a fun day with his friend Tyler and then a good party with his family.  He is a entertaining little guy. 
 David met me and the little boys to celebrate Clark's 2nd birthday at O'Charleys.  It was a fun lunch.  Clark is a talker and has quite the vocabulary--even some bad words!  He loves to stay up late, but still takes good naps.  He is so precious.  We sure love him.
 We celebrated David's birthday while we were at Myrtle Beach over Memorial Day weekend.   Here are Eliza and David taking off on the para-sail.  They said it was a blast.  David takes such great care of all of us.  The kids are all in bed and he just ran to the grocery store for me.  Thanks!!
 Peter celebrated turning 8 on June 13th.  The photos we got we all interesting, so enjoy a good laugh.  Peter loves the baseball equipment that he got and plays a few times a week with Grace, Parker or Michael.  He has a lot of natural ability and TONS of energy. 
Grace had her 11th birthday on June 24th and celebrated in Kingsport with a big party with her friends.  For some reason, I have NO photos of the only "real" party we had where invitations were sent and activities were planned and carried out.  They swam in the pool, played games, water balloons, and also made chapstick from beeswax, oils, and scents.  They all had a blast.  She is a REAL sweetheart.  She did get to celebrate her birthday in Goblin Valley with her cousin Stephanie, so at least we have that picture!
 
 
 
More still to come.
Katherine in September.
New Baby in October.
Parker in November.
 
Lang Zal Ze Leven!

5 comments:

Steve and Denise said...

That is a lot of fun celebrating. You know how to make each one feel special. Hope you are feeling good.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

YEA! I am so happy to see some pictures! Post some of your house:) You have such a great family!!

Ben and Athena said...

I'm so happy you posted! I hope you guys are doing great, especially you. Happy Birthday to all the DeBry's from Portland :)

Circe said...

Yay! A post! There is always something fun going on at the DeBry house! Happy birthday to everyone!

RC inskeep said...

Looks like some great parties...HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!!