Saturday, September 7, 2013

Eastern Idaho State Fair

There is nothing quite like a day at the fair.  I grew up doing 4-H with our horses and also entered a few cooking and sewing projects.  I loved working at the Prime Steer--our ward booth that sold great burgers and pies.  The highlight had to have been walking around with my siblings and saving our money for the coveted "Grab Bags".  They were $1 and mostly just junk--but it was cool junk and we opened each bag with great anticipation. We would also wander through the buildings and get all of the FREE stuff.  I have wonderful memories of going to the fair.  This year my Dad has a few old tractors that he has had restored that were on display, so we had to go and check them out!  The fair wasn't "officially" open--we were a day early.  It was fun to see a few animals, wander around, and Debbie (my sister) treated us to some nice cold water to combat the heat of the day.  We also stopped at Artic Circle on the way home and checked out some property.  It was fun to spend the day with Debbie, Pieper, Naomi and Dad.




2 comments:

RC inskeep said...

It was so fun having you visit for a few days! The fair looks fun.

Debbie said...

It was great being at the fair with you Marilyn! I have fond memories of it too, especially the grab bags! And the culligan man feather headbands. :)