Friday, September 6, 2013

Thank Hugh!

We have the BEST bus driver.  His name is Hugh and he has saved the day more than once.  He often waits for me when I carry a tired, crying child to the bus.  He will even "wait at the corner" if we have missed the bus the first time. Katherine has REALLY struggled with getting up and going to school.  She is doing better now, but barely made it through Kindergarten. Hugh even gives us tickets to the circus!

I will always remember the day last spring when Hugh made my day.  I was not feeling well, being pregnant and had just barely been able to get out of bed and get the kids off to school.  One morning, I managed to get them out the door before the bus was waiting and honking.  Just as I was sitting down, I heard to bus pull up and then someone was back.  I figured that someone forgot their lunch, homework, or maybe KK had lost it.  I did not know if I would be able to handle whatever "crisis" it happened to be. Anyway, to my surprise and delight--it was Grace at the door with a box of Krispy Kream donuts.  Hugh had sent them in.  I gave Grace and hug and told her to thank Hugh.  Then I started bawling and ate three donuts.  It was a great morning.  It feels so good to have such kind people in our life anthat take care of my children and ME, too!

The kids have been back to school for a MONTH now--they started on August 5th.  It is crazy how fast the time has gone.  Here are a few back-to-school pics.  They are all settled in and doing well.

 Peter (3rd grade) and Katherine (1st grade) getting on Hugh's bus.  Headed to Miller Perry.
 Grace (6th grade) and Michael (8th grade) go the Colonial Heights Middle School.  It is close to our house.  David drops them off in the morning and they walk home.  Parker is at Sullivan South High School as a sophmore.  Eliza is a senior.  She missed the first two days of school, because she was at SVU for Zion's Camp--she loved it!
Peter and Katherine ALL smiles--at least for the first day!!

5 comments:

Steve and Denise said...

Cute kids and awesome story about your bus driver. It sounds like he has a big heart.

Circe said...

I love the donut story! I almost started crying :) the kids all look so cute!

Ben and Athena said...

New posts! So happy to see all the cute kids. You're a great mom and deserve a bus driver like Hugh :)

RC inskeep said...

I love your bus driver (have you ever talked to Lorie about "Rooster"). Krispy Kreme donuts...that is awesome!

Debbie said...

Oh Marilyn, I totally teared up reading about your amazing bus driver bringing you donuts! So awesome. Love and miss you guys tons!!!