Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It Worked

Every Monday night we have Family Home Evening. They come in many different varieties--good, better, and best. (Maybe "less than good" should be thrown in there, too). About once every year, we have one that "works". One of the better ones. That happened a few weeks ago. The kids were pretty good, no big fights, teasing, or crying--at least for a few hours. We cut out leaves and wrote things that we were thankful for. Then Eliza went to work gluing them onto tree trunks and making them look good. We had a great time--our hands were busy and David read some of President Monson's Conference talk on being grateful. It was a nice evening to spend together.




One time we had a "best" FHE--the kids were pretty young. I remember we told a story and they voluntarily said that they felt the spirit and liked the story. (Wish I could remember what story we told them). I think those are once every decade, so we are due for one of those soon.

No comments: